Unearth the origins, examine the evolution, and understand the unique identity of your Methodist/Wesleyan church. Grapple with historical challenges, dissect pivotal moments such as the East-West Schism, and appreciate the transformative roles of the Protestant Reformation and Scientific Revolution. Equip yourself to lead with purpose, historical insight, and spiritual resilience.
In this 6-lesson series on Church History, you will learn:
- The origins of Christian faith, starting from creation and covenant.
- The story of Jesus as a prophet, teacher, and healer empowering people to experience God’s life.
- The challenges faced in maintaining unity and Christian identity across diverse cultures and vast distances during the first millennium after Christ’s ascension.
- The impact of the East-West Schism (1054) on the formation and reformation of the European Church, leading to the Protestant Reformation.
- The role of the Protestant Reformation, Scientific Revolution, and Age of Discovery in shaping both the Enlightenment and Methodism.
- The evolution and global expansion of Wesleyan Holiness Christians, the 21st-century Church’s local and transnational presence, and their mission to embody the Body of Christ.