The Virtual Tutor helps you review and improve your learning.
- Ask questions or seek clarifications as needed.
- For multiple choice, reply with the number or the full answer.
- For open-ended questions, provide detailed answers. The tutor may request more clarity from you.
- To help encourage honest answers and to protect your privacy, your answer are not saved.
- You may close the virtual tutor to review the lesson text and return to it later.
Reflection Question 1
Who is required to undergo a background check according to AB-506?
1) Only administrators
2) Only employees
3) Only volunteers
4) Administrators, employees, and volunteers
Reflection Question 2
What is the minimum requirement for conducting a background check as per AB-506?
1) Multi-state criminal records search
2) Fingerprinted background check through the California Department of Justice
3) National sex offender registry check
4) Individual County level search
Reflection Question 3
Why do you think AB-506 emphasizes the importance of having at least two mandated reporters present during interactions with children? What kind of impact do you think this policy will have on the safety of children?
Reflection Question 4
Reflect on the extended screening measures suggested beyond AB-506’s requirements, such as multi-state criminal records search and national sex offender registry check. In your opinion, how do these measures contribute to creating a safer environment for children, and should they be mandated by law?
Reflection Question 5
AB-506 requires a specific type of training for those interacting with children. How might additional training topics, such as maintaining appropriate boundaries and effective monitoring, further enhance the safety and well-being of children in youth-serving organizations?