The Virtual Tutor helps you review and improve your learning.
- Ask questions or seek clarifications as needed.
- For multiple choice, reply with the number or the full answer.
- For open-ended questions, provide detailed answers. The tutor may request more clarity from you.
- To help encourage honest answers and to protect your privacy, your answer are not saved.
- You may close the virtual tutor to review the lesson text and return to it later.
Reflection Question 1
Why is theology considered a universal engagement?
1) Because it answers scientific questions.
2) Because it is studied by priests and scholars.
3) Because it attempts to answer difficult life questions.
Reflection Question 2
Which ancient culture is the term ‘theology’ derived from?
Reflection Question 3
Reflect on a personal experience that prompted you to question theological beliefs. How did this questioning process affect your faith?
Reflection Question 4
In your opinion, is it important to question our inherited theological understandings? How could such a process impact our perception of God and our faith?
Reflection Question 5
How might the notion of God being “in a box” due to unchallenged theology be limiting? Consider a viewpoint that challenges this concept. How might a more expansive theology influence your relationship with God and others?