The Virtual Tutor helps you review and improve your learning.
- Ask questions or seek clarifications as needed.
- For multiple choice, reply with the number or the full answer.
- For open-ended questions, provide detailed answers. The tutor may request more clarity from you.
- To help encourage honest answers and to protect your privacy, your answer are not saved.
- You may close the virtual tutor to review the lesson text and return to it later.
Reflection Question 1
What was the primary purpose of the first Free Methodist Book of Discipline (BOD)?
1) To give biographies of the church leaders
2) To document the history of the Free Methodist Church
3) To lay out the theological, doctrinal, ecclesial, and organizational ground rules
4) To collect hymns and prayers for church services
Reflection Question 2
What does the “Common Constitution” in each national conference’s BOD affirm?
1) The financial budget of the church
2) The Articles of Religion, the Membership Covenant, and standards of Free Methodist doctrine
3) The location of the national conference
4) The list of bishops and other church leaders
Reflection Question 3
How are changes to the FMCUSA’s BOD made?
1) By the exclusive discretion of the church leaders
2) Through a process involving resolutions, debate, ratification, and collaborative updates
3) They are not allowed; the BOD is never changed
4) Through a public voting system involving all church members
Reflection Question 4
Based on the lesson, what is the role of the Book of Discipline in the Free Methodist Church, and how does it reflect the practice of faith in the Free Methodist way?
Reflection Question 5
According to the lesson, what is the significance of the “Common Constitution,” and what does it indicate about the values and beliefs of the Free Methodist Church?
Reflection Question 6
The lesson mentions a hierarchy of consequence within the BOD, can you elaborate on this hierarchy and its significance in guiding Free Methodists?