The Virtual Tutor helps you review and improve your learning.
- Ask questions or seek clarifications as needed.
- For multiple choice, reply with the number or the full answer.
- For open-ended questions, provide detailed answers. The tutor may request more clarity from you.
- To help encourage honest answers and to protect your privacy, your answer are not saved.
- You may close the virtual tutor to review the lesson text and return to it later.
Reflection Question 1
What did Martin Luther rely on when he stood before religious leaders to defend his Ninety-Five Theses?
1) Roman Magisterium
2) Personal interpretation of scripture
3) Holy Roman Emperor
4) Tradition and church authority
Reflection Question 2
What influenced the cross-pollination between Enlightenment-era Protestantism and science?
1) Metaphysical studies
2) Exploration of the Americas
3) Development of the scientific method
4) Spread of the Reformation
Reflection Question 3
Who had an encounter with the Holy Spirit in May 1738 that came to be known as the “Aldersgate experience”?
1) John Calvin
2) Jonathan Edwards
3) Martin Luther
4) John Wesley
Reflection Question 4
How did Martin Luther’s reliance on his personal interpretation of scripture challenge the authority of the Roman Church and contribute to the Reformation?
Reflection Question 5
How did the Scientific Revolution and Enlightenment ideals influence the interplay between science and faith?
Reflection Question 6
How did Methodism spread and gain prominence in the newly constituted United States of America?